QUANTI-GOLD ASSAY KIT
Quanti-Gold is a cheap, quick and easy assay to quantify the uptake of gold nanoparticles by cells without needing sophisticated hardware like mass spectrometry.It is especially useful as a first screen to optimise conditions for future detailed work.
The process is represented in the following diagram.
Quantifying the gold content in your samples is achieved by pixel densitometry by using a standard curve of known amounts of gold nanoparticles. The gold content is quantified by using a gray scale pixel density based method using the digital image of the assay results. Alternatively, it may be used as a semi-quantitative assay by visual comparison with the standard curve.
The assay has a sensitivity of approximately 106 nanoparticles per microliter.
Quanti-Gold is a simple blotting based assay to quantify the gold content of cellular samples. It is ideal for initial screening of how your cells interact with gold nanoparticles and can save you time and valuable research funds.
Place order now under Assay Kits section
- The kit comes complete with blotting paper, reagents and gold nanoparticle standards. All you need is a smartphone to record a digital image.
- The assay format can accommodate approximately 50 samples per assay and takes 20 minutes.
- At a cost of approximately 20 pence (£0.2) per sample, it is the most cost-effective assay for gold nanoparticle quantitation.
- With a sensitivity of 106 nanoparticles per microlitre, it can detect 10 pM nanoparticles.
- Worked example of how to quantify the data from the digital image using freely available ImageJ software on the Internet.
- Can be used with your own gold nanoparticles (sizes 5 to 40 nm)
- Option to order a price-discounted custom prepared gold conjugate of your choice (antibodies, proteins and polymers) for experimental use.
or via firstname.lastname@example.org from £199 per kit (Purchase order number required)
Enquire about discounted price for inclusion of custom gold preparations.
NEW Quanti-Gold can also be used to optimise your own gold conjugation preparations by quantifiable dot blots to confiirm reactivity and monitor shelf life. Order QG-100 (100ml) or QG 200 (200ml)